Newsletter - April 2020
As we’re all being bombarded with news about COVID-19, I felt that you didn’t really need another article about how it will affect our industry – haven’t you seen enough for a while, anyway?
So, I just want to take this opportunity to remind you that we are open and fully operational to process your orders – just like normal. The only caveat is that there are about 437 or so counties that are closed or operating with very limited resources. To help all of our clients and abstractor vendors, we have been compiling a list of those counties that can be accessed at the bottom of our homepage (www.bluestreakdocs.com ) along with an update of any news that could be of benefit to you.
All but 5 of our employees are working from home and we can process orders with no problems. Blue Streak Docs operates as an essential business in the financial industry, which allows us to maintain our small skeleton crew of 5 employees in our office to ensure that all mail and shipments are taken care of every day.
Essential Financial Services includes the following:
- Workers who are needed to provide, process and maintain systems for processing, verification, and recording of financial transactions and services, including payment, clearing, and settlement; wholesale funding; insurance services; consumer and commercial lending; and capital markets activities).
- Workers who are needed to maintain orderly market operations to ensure the continuity of financial transactions and services.
- Workers who are needed to provide business, commercial, and consumer access to bank and non-bank financial services and lending services, including ATMs, lending and money transmission, and to move currency, checks, securities, and payments (e.g., armored cash carriers).
- Workers who support financial operations and those staffing call centers, such as those staffing data and security operations centers, managing physical security, or providing accounting services.
- Workers supporting production and distribution of debit and credit cards.
- Workers providing electronic point of sale support personnel for essential businesses and workers.
Additional information can be found at https://www.natlawreview.com/article/treasury-department-issues-documentation-essential-financial-services-employees and at https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm956.
During this time, if there is anything out of the ordinary that you may need from us, please do not hesitate to ask. I wish everyone continued health and strength to get through this period and extend that wish to your family, friends and co-workers.
Employee Of The Month
“Destiny is amazing and we're so happy to have her on the Order Management Team - I cannot say enough good things about her. She is always willing to help with anything and anytime she is asked to do something, she jumps on it without any hesitation. She is always willing to work overtime when needed to ensure orders are updated and back to our clients in a timely manner. Everyone on the team loves her and appreciates how helpful she is. Destiny is a super star for sure. Congratulations on winning Employee of the Month, Destiny, you deserve it!”